expressome...

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mirrored Voice

I attended a presentation today related to advertising and its future. The actual content of the presentation was informative and interesting to a certain extent but what I really seemed to get a kick out of was the similarity of the lecturer’s and my beliefs when it came to life, being successful and finding happiness. The “kick” was because I had talked about the very same things in almost the same words just a few days back and it seemed like he was just voicing the entire thing in a slightly different tone. I loved the way he talked about being passionate in everything you do, that is the only way to succeed and be happy. And love life above everything, it will show in not just your work but everything you do. And of course not to forget eradicating complacency! I could almost hear myself saying the same thing in EXACTLY the same way. It was crazy…almost like an out of body experience. Yes, times when we talked about how important passion is, not just in work but human relationships, how complacency can lead to confusion and dissatisfaction. Weird how I could almost see myself standing in his place and saying all that he said about life. Weird how I wish you could have been there listening…not just hearing but listening, to my mirrored voice.


 
free counter