expressome...

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Wouldn't You Agree...?

5 years ago I discovered “Groovy Kind of Love” (Phil Collins-“Buster”).

Then, it was a sappy love song, and me being me, really liked it but animated “Tarzan’s” soundtrack by Phil Collins soon won over.


5 years later rediscovered “Groovy Kind of Love” when a friend strummed it on the guitar.

Now, it’s still a love song. But one that can bring me to tears. The I’m-smiling-but-the-tears-can’t-stop-rolling-down-my-eyes-and-I-know-I-look-crazy sort of crying.

On repeat since the past two hours. Like I’ve said there’s something about such song rediscoveries. Nostalgia + Relevance+ Epiphanies, may be the most remarkable combination for a good grasp on any subject matter, but certainly isn’t a very blithe one.
Just the way he says…”Wouldn’t you agree….?”… is ample reason for a fresh bout of tears.

Groovy Kind Of Love

When i'm feeling blue, all i have to do
Is take a look at you, then i'm not so blue
When you're close to me, i can feel your heart beat
I can hear you breathing near my ear
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me got a groovy kind of love

Anytime you want to you can turn me onto
Anything you want to, anytime at all
When i kiss your lips, ooh i start to shiver
Can't control the quivering inside
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me got a groovy kind of love, oh

When i'm feeling blue, all i have to do
Is take a look at you, then i'm not so blue
When i'm in your arms, nothing seems to matter
My whole world could shatter, i don't care
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me got a groovy kind of love
We got a groovy kind of love, oh
We got a groovy kind of love
-Phil Collins
P.S: Is this still the ‘me’ I know?? It’s gotto be hormonal! Still haven’t magically morphed into the kind of person who would react this way. Ok I’m not going to defend myself or what I just wrote. And I certainly can’t believe I’m gonna publish

3 Comments:

  • wow.
    heh, it seems almost redundant now to marvel at the similarities we both should have gotten used to by now. This song means as much to me as it does to you the first time i heard it was the night before my flight back to the states. She'd been crying all night and had finally gone to sleep and i was sitting watching MTV and this song came on... she slept thru it and i wept thru it and in the morning it mattered little. BUt several years later, it came on the radio the day i was driving back after seeing her for what i knew wud be the last time. I switched the radio off half way thru the song.
    Haven't heard it since.
    I think i will tonight.

    By Blogger Phitaymaun, at Saturday, February 03, 2007 10:55:00 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, February 12, 2007 9:26:00 PM  

  • hey.. :) jus thot i'ld say hi. It had been long.

    hvnt heard it. yet.

    anyways.. hope u'r doing awsum. ciao sweety! (:

    By Blogger M, at Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free counter